Thursday, July 28, 2016

"Life" seems like a pretty general thing to work on.

I'm aware I choose a pretty broad thing to work on.

But it's what I want to work on.

It's what I AM working on.

I operate my own home bakery, so I sell my goodies (breads, scones, cookies, cakes, etc.) at farmers markets.  Between April and October, I do 4 to 5 a week.  "Off season" maybe 2 or 3, of course making a fraction of what I do in the spring and summer.  I just recently celebrated my 2nd anniversary of starting my business.

I met the most awesome person on the planet on World of Warcraft and married him almost 2 years ago.  We went to Blizzcon for our honeymoon.  We're Game of Thrones, Stars Wars, Firefly, Pokemon, and DBZ nerd (with respect towards Star Trek, too).  We love screwing around on WoW or Age of Empires via Steam at our desks which are 4 feet apart to spend time together.  It's because of him I was able to start my business.

I have the most glorious family.  My mother popped me out at 17 and raised me herself.  My grandfather beat compulsive gambling and alcoholism and is, and always has been, hilarious and loving.  My great-grandmother is my other mother, raising me and caring for me at the times when Mom was working 3 jobs to keep us afloat.  I named my business after her and started with her recipes.  She just left us last Autumn at 97 years old.

I was born and raised in Chicago and moved to farming-community Michigan (where my husband was born and raised) about 4 years ago.

I battle an anxiety disorder (diagnosed 2008) and depression (diagnosed 2011) daily.

So yeah, that's Life.  You can imagine how I'm going to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment